Get to know the Athens Area Manager
Bret grew up in Ohio and brings over 10 years of professional leadership experience in the public sector to Liberty; including program management and working alongside community organizations. He also served six years in the Ohio Army National Guard, where he was the recipient of an Army Achievement Medal for his team building and leadership efforts. Whitaker holds an MBA in Business Administration from The Ohio State University’s Fisher College of Business.
We spoke with Bret to get some insight into who he is and why he chose to join the Liberty team:
1. Where is your Hometown?
2. How long have you lived in your region?
3. Why did you want to be the Area Manager for your region?
I have always loved SE Ohio (Athens especially) and this was a great opportunity to provide a helpful, needed service to those in the region.
4. If you could be a superhero, which one would you be and why?
The Flash – not only would I have the ability to move, think, and react at light speeds, I would also have the ability to travel through time. How cool is that?
5. What is one fact that few people know about you?
I spent a year living in England as part of military service.
6. What is your favorite success story/outcome in your region so far?
The overall support, friendliness, and willingness to help of local community groups thus far (HAPCAP, The Work Station, etc.).
7. What do you see is the biggest need for increasing mobility in your region?
I believe there are several needs, but if I had to choose one, I would say the need to offer safe, reliable, on-demand transportation to those individuals living outside of the city limits of Athens.
8. What is your best knock-knock joke?
Knock Knock. Who’s there? Tank. Tank who? You’re welcome!
To speak with Bret about Liberty, Contact him at: